Happy Holidays!Posted on December 6, 2013
A Chilly Hello to All!
Well who doesn’t have a list these days? I’m sure you (like me) have several lists on the go and have been gradually checking things off – perhaps only to find that you need to add yet another ‘to do‘ to it, for the next day! Doesn’t it seem never ending? Well, in the spirit of the approaching holidays I thought perhaps I would share a post that I did a few years ago, that just might help ease some stress and maybe bring a smile to your face – Remember, we all need to learn to slow our lives down sometimes and focus on the truly important stuff 🙂
So here goes,
12 Things To Do Before Christmas
1) Step outside very early each morning in your pj’s – take in a few deep breaths of the cold fresh air of a brand new day (slippers optional)
2) Make a cup of steaming hot cocoa on a cold winter night and sip slowly, taking time to remember back to the very first time you had one
3) Feed the birds every day – they need our help this time of year – they will gladly sing for their dinner it seems
4) Catch a snowflake (using your tongue is optional)
5) Teach a child about something you traditionally used to do at Christmas time, when you were their age.Watch out for the laughter, it is contagious.
6) Have a long hot soak in the tub, it is good for the spirit – (bubbles are mandatory, ’cause we have to have bubbles in order to make a Santa beard)
7) Sort through clothing you no longer wear and pass them on to someone who would enjoy them – after all, you aren’t using them
8) Sing along loudly with all your favourite holiday music (anywhere, anytime) – just fake it if you don’t know all the words (toe-tapping is optional)
9) Offer your help to someone in need – (there’s always time for that) Sharing is always a good thing
10) Eat a cookie in bed – preferably one with red sprinkles (if you have more than one, you will need to add a glass of milk)
11) Stay up late one night and stare at the lit Christmas tree ‘in silence’
12) Light a candle every evening to remind yourself that you are blessed in many, many ways …
And on that note,we extend our Very Best Wishes to One and All for a Magical Holiday Season! See you in the New Year!
“Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn’t come from a store”